This time, google honored LG to be the next nexus manufacturer, Code name: Nexus 5X, what about this new coming? lets check out.
Design and hardware
the LG Nexus 5x looks familiar, it looks like the nexus 5 and Moto G serie. Display size is 5.2 inch, phone dimensions are 147 x 72.6 x 7.9mm, so you can easely handle it with one hand (sorry for small one), weight is 130g, witch is a good point.
Let’s now speack specs, the phone comes with a Snapdragon 808 (4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A57, the GPU is an Adreno 418, 2GB of RAM, 5MP front camera and 12MP rear one, with the ablity to record 2160P at 30FPS, an IPS LCD Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 pixels, ~423 ppi pixel density) , and comes in two version, 16 and 32gb of strorage, notice that you will have only about 12GB left for the 16GB, and about 28 for the 32GB, no slot for external storage.
The Display is an 5.2 IPS LCD, the resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels, a FULL HD one, with about 423 ppi, corning glass 3 protection is in.
the screen of the Nexus just fine on almost all points. First, the Full HD definition on a 5.2, making use either read or on a web page quite satisfying. It’s the same for contrast, in 1435 with a rate of 1. The 5X display’s deep blacks and whites.
talking about the camera, we can say that its promising, the smartphone capture are good, colors saturation is controlled, even The flash managed to maintain fresh tone. When the light runs out, the phone does not lose its means, capture remain successful even if we avoid plunging into the details or risk seeing some boiled pixels here and there.
Software and performance
the Nexus 5x comes with unskinned android version, without overlay, it runs the latest android 6.0 (and will be upgraded to 7.0) , nothing to be mentioned, except fetures coming in the this version of android.
As the phone runs android without any adds, the phone’s smooth,no lag noticed while using it, the phone is responding well, navigates between menu screens and windows with no discernible chug of stutter . Applications open in milliseconds and the software is somehow bug-free.
The Nexus 5X is also more than fast enough for 3D gaming and ran demanding titles, like Riptide GP2 and Grand Theft Auto hassle-free.
The smartphone endurance is within the low average current mobile. It will count on a short day and a half of using standard or a full day of intensive use. On our test protocol, the smartphone ran for just 9 h, which ranks just behind the Nexus 6, which has a larger and better defined screen.
I can not say that its the Nexus 5 successor, even if the phone comes with specs at a good price than competitors as the S7 or G5…
The Nexus 5X nevertheless remains some success with a quality camera, a near faultless display and experience providing “pure Android” . Everything is somewhat marred by a construction and design of little interest and few teething software problems but nothing disqualifying.
- Display: 8/10 – Slightly too large for me, but otherwise very nice and high quality
- Camera: 8/10 – Wide angle lens is a revelation, manual mode is good, but resolution could be higher
- Software: 9/10 – Pure Android isn’t quite possible, but LG’s personalisation is good and always-on screen is useful
- Design: 8/10 – Great looks and a unique design, but modular feature needs work – or removing entirely
- Performance:8/10 – the snapdragon 808, coupled with Adreno 418 and 2GB of RAM, give the phone more stability and great fluidity in use
- Battery life: 7/10 – a day on use is the average for phones nowday, nothing changed with this phone
- Overall: 8/10 – A solid attempt which gets a lot of things right, but the modular features struggle to justify themselves
- Balanced and clean screen.
- Quality camera.
- Stock Android interface simple and effective.
- Successful multimedia companion.
- Compact size.
- Construction and finishes a little poor.
- autonomy too fair.
- Screen occupation in front a little thin.
- C-USB cable, incompatible with most existing equipment.
Tweet with us
Windows 10? A little education goes a long way. Let https://t.co/BLB1VRuiJN help.Follow